GREAT NEWS! Sojourn Students will be returning on September 13th at 5:30pm! The Sojourn Midtown Elders have deemed it safe for us to begin gathering in person again. Safety precautions will be in place, and we are requiring that all students and leaders wear masks.
During the days Sojourn Students and Sojourn Kids cannot meet in person, our teams prepared weekly lessons and devotionals for you all to benefit from during this hiatus! You can get all of the the lessons and devotions for kids, students, and families by clicking on the following link: sojournchurch.com/mtfamily
Where & when do we meet?
Sojourn Students meets on Sundays from 5:30-7:30pm in the Sojourn Meridian Building (1303 S Shelby St), a few blocks from St. Vincent's Cathedral, where Sojourn has their weekly gatherings. You should see leaders and students welcoming you into the building! The main gathering takes place in the sanctuary and students will be splitting up throughout the night for teaching and community groups.
What to expect:
Sojourn Students focuses on building community and gospel-centered teaching and worship. At the beginning of each gathering, students will enter grade and gender specific community groups led by adult leaders. During this time, students will be encouraged to share life updates, prayer requests, and challenged on what they have been learning in their relationship with Christ. After community groups, we jump into a time of worship and teaching.
Each meeting has a 3:1 ratio of students to leaders. Each leader is background checked and is a member in good standing at Sojourn Church Midtown. The door is usually locked by 6:05PM for safety reasons, so try to make it on time! We are committed to discipleship and student safety in every student gathering.
- 5:30pm - S2 Begins/Drop off
- 5:40pm - 6:15pm - Community Groups
- 6:20pm - 6:40pm - Worship
- 6:45pm - 7:10pm - Teaching/Assembly
- 7:10pm - 7:30pm - Hang out/Games
- 7:30pm - S2 Ends/Pick up
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- September 13th - First S2 of the Fall
- September 26th - Football Watch Party/Play Games and Hang Out
- October 10th - Walking Bridge
- October 25th - Prayer Walk with Parents (Sunday Night)
- November 14th - Fall Day Retreat
- November 29th - No S2 for Thanksgiving
- December 6th - Ugly Christmas Sweater Party