What is Group Link?
A starting (or restarting) point for anyone seeking to plug in relationally into the life of our church, or for anyone looking to take their next step towards belonging at Sojourn J-Town. It’s hard for many to build relationships in a group of 100-200 people. Figure in a year like we just went through, and this can feel nearly impossible. Group Link is a space for church to feel smaller and for you to connect with people in a way you haven’t found while being here so far.
Who is it for?
For those who desire to belong and connect relationally at our church and need a place to start (or re-start):
- Maybe you are still exploring Sojourn J-Town, haven't committed yet, but you want to meet others and learn more about what it looks like to plug in relationally here.
- Maybe you want to learn and experience more what we mean by "community" and "belonging" in a smaller group setting alongside others and a few of our pastors and staff.
- Maybe you have been attending for years and you feel disconnected, but you are not ready to visit a group right now.
- Maybe you are ready to visit a community group, but you're not sure what groups are meeting or what that looks like.
- Maybe you want to take another step towards connecting at Sojourn J-Town, but not sure what that step is.
What will Group Link be like?
For some it might feel like a community group or Sunday school class experience. We will have some time to be together and get to know one another's stories. We will have time to think together on what the Bible says about relationships and the church, and we will have plenty of time to share together through group discussion and prayer. Though information is not the focus of this time, there will be an opportunity to learn more about what it looks like to plug into life at Sojourn--and to take those steps if and when you desire to. A few of our pastors, staff, and group leaders will be participating as well.
Does attending Group Link commit me to a community group?
No, we will not ask you to commit to a group at the end of Group Link. We will, however, give you an opportunity to plug in, meet a few of our leaders, and plan your visit to a group if you're interested. If not yet interested, we think Group Link will still be beneficial for you.
Where and when is it happening?
Sunday, September 12-October 3 (4 weeks) during the 11:00am service in the Connect Room. We will get started around 11:15am each week. Attendance throughout the four weeks is not mandatory, and you can jump in with us anytime. Childcare, snacks, and coffee will be provided!