You’ve come to the right place to learn about openings on the Sojourn Church staff. You can also follow twitter.com/sojournopenings for updates on staff positions, internships, worship auditions, and more. To apply for any position, send your completed application and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sojourn East Students Ministry Director/Pastor
Sojourn East is seeking an individual to lead the middle school and high school student ministry of our east end congregation. The student ministry has thrived over the last couple years and is anticipated to continue to grow with the church. This role supports the mission of Sojourn by reaching the adolescents of Sojourn East and the community with the gospel, building them up in the church, and releasing them into the world. More information can be found in the job description here.
Sojourn’s Central Operations team is seeking an individual who will support the mission of the church by providing reliable and useful financial data, enabling leaders to make informed and wise decisions. This part-time staff member will work with the Director of Finance to maintain complete and accurate financial records with wisdom and integrity. More information can be found in the job description here.
Internships and Residencies
Internships at Sojourn develop emerging leaders for the church and the world through mentoring, training, and practical ministry. Our vision is to equip the next generation to love, serve, and lead within the local church.
We are looking for interns who:
- Desire to see the mission of Sojourn Church advance as interns partner together with Sojourn ministry leaders.
- Are ready to be further equipped and trained for ministry through holistic (head, heart, hands) training and growth.
- Are future leaders trying to discern a call to ministry within the local church.
This is accomplished through an environment that:
- Cultivates a community of grace where interns can grow and learn.
- Forms interns with a greater passion for the local church in love, service and leadership.
- Invites a variety of people, ages, gifts and abilities to play their part in the body of Christ.
- Hopes to mold future ministry leaders, church planters and pastors.
Interested in Learning More? See our Internship Manual to learn more about internship opportunities, our philosophy of training, the support raising process (our 2017 One-Day Support Raising Training will be May 26, 2017 in Louisville, KY), and how to apply for an internship.
1. Please read through the Internship Manual before applying.
2. Fill out the appropriate application and submit by May 19 (for internships beginning September 1) or October 31 to begin February. Click here to view a list of available positions by church and ministry leader – if you have interest in a specific position please list the corresponding ‘code’ on your application.
- Key Volunteer application: Someone who serves 5-15 hours each week without raising support.
- Ministry Intern application: Raises support to work part time (20-30 hours per week) to grow in certain skill sets, often in specific roles with ministry leader or ministry.
- Resident application: Raises support to work and train for a year full time (40-50 hours per week) as a pastor, church planter or worship leader alongside a Sojourn leader.
NOTE: To apply for any internship within Sojourn Music/Worship, first read the overview. Then download the Sojourn Music application, complete it, and email it to email@example.com. An audition is required before acceptance into this internship.
3. After you have finished the application, please have 1-2 ministry references complete the recommendation form. If you currently attend Sojourn, the reference must come from a Sojourn member or leader.
4. Upon receiving your application and ministry references, you will be contacted by a Sojourn ministry leader in order to set up an interview for your internship. If accepted, you will be invited to a Support Raising Intensive and Internship Orientation on June 19, 2017 in Louisville, KY. If you have any questions related to internships at Sojourn Church, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.