You’ve come to the right place to learn about openings on the Sojourn Church staff. You can also follow twitter.com/sojournopenings for updates on staff positions, internships, worship auditions, and more.
Sojourn J-Town is seeking an individual to provide administrative support and leadership to Sojourn J-Town’s office staff. More information can be found in the job description here. To apply for this position, send your completed application and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Strategic Communication
Sojourn’s Central Operations team is seeking an individual who will support the mission of Sojourn Community Church by being responsible for overall communication for Sojourn Community Church, maintaining the mission of our organization through written communication, videos, design, website, and new initiatives. More information can be found in the job description here. To apply for this position, send your completed application, resumé & digital portfolio to email@example.com.
Internships and Residencies
Internships at Sojourn develop emerging leaders for the church and the world through mentoring, training, and practical ministry. Our vision is to equip the next generation to love, serve, and lead within the local church.
We are looking for interns who:
- Desire to see the mission of Sojourn Church advance as interns partner together with Sojourn ministry leaders.
- Are ready to be further equipped and trained for ministry through holistic (head, heart, hands) training and growth.
- Are future leaders trying to discern a call to ministry within the local church.
This is accomplished through an environment that:
- Cultivates a community of grace where interns can grow and learn.
- Forms interns with a greater passion for the local church in love, service and leadership.
- Invites a variety of people, ages, gifts and abilities to play their part in the body of Christ.
- Hopes to mold future ministry leaders, church planters and pastors.
Interested in Learning More? See our Internship Manual to learn more about internship opportunities, our philosophy of training, the support raising process (our 2017 One-Day Support Raising Training will be May 26, 2017 in Louisville, KY), and how to apply for an internship.
1. Please read through the Internship Manual before applying.
2. Fill out the appropriate application and submit by May 19 (for internships beginning September 1) or October 31 to begin February. Click here to view a list of available positions by church and ministry leader – if you have interest in a specific position please list the corresponding ‘code’ on your application.
- Key Volunteer application: Someone who serves 5-15 hours each week without raising support.
- Ministry Intern application: Raises support to work part time (20-30 hours per week) to grow in certain skill sets, often in specific roles with ministry leader or ministry.
- Resident application: Raises support to work and train for a year full time (40-50 hours per week) as a pastor, church planter or worship leader alongside a Sojourn leader.
NOTE: To apply for any internship within Sojourn Music/Worship, first read the overview. Then download the Sojourn Music application, complete it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. An audition is required before acceptance into this internship.
3. After you have finished the application, please have 1-2 ministry references complete the recommendation form. If you currently attend Sojourn, the reference must come from a Sojourn member or leader.
4. Upon receiving your application and ministry references, you will be contacted by a Sojourn ministry leader in order to set up an interview for your internship. If accepted, you will be invited to a Support Raising Intensive and Internship Orientation on June 19, 2017 in Louisville, KY. If you have any questions related to internships at Sojourn Church, please email us at email@example.com.